A casino in Enid, Okay???.If an Indian tribe, worked through each of the bureaucratic process using the Bureau of Indian Affairs and can build an internet casino in downtown Enid, would you be for or against it? If you live in Enid and occasionally visit other casinos around the state, you most likely run into other folks you know from Enid, partaking within the recreation given by the casinos. These are the same somebody that has left our town and they are spending their recreation dollars elsewhere. They are shopping at the stores, eating on the restaurants, and staying at the hotels inside the area.
A brief history:
The capacity to run bingo games was among the numerous concessions designed to tribes in Oklahoma. Then some very ingenious person made a bingo game that seemed like a slot machine. We have got all seen the small digital bingo card on the top corner with the display screen of the video slot. From that invention forward, Oklahoma casinos did start to spring up everywhere. After all, you were still playing bingo, just inside a new and technical way. Later, a gaming compact relating to the tribes and the State of Oklahoma allowed the application of Vegas style slot machines, poker, and blackjack. Thus, bigger and casinos were built and so are still being built throughout Oklahoma.
A casino could only be built within historic tribal boundaries and after that placed in a very trust with all the U.S. government. Since Enid does not have any casino, could be that the reason? Then upon researching Garfield County, Oklahoma via Wikipedia, it turned out found, that prior to the Land Run of 1893, Garfield County was named O County and was part with the Cherokee Outlet, occupied by the Cherokee people following Treaty of New Echota and the Cherokee trail of tears. Historically, the area was a hunting ground of the Wichita, Osage, and Kiowa tribes. Does that qualify us to be within historic tribal boundaries?
Positive areas of a casino in Enid:
1. The revenues generated from casinos are come to operate tribal governments and programs because of its citizens. In addition, a portion from the revenue is split with the State of Oklahoma.
2. Tribes utilize revenues to boost infrastructure.
3. Related places of interest are built.
4. Jobs are set up.
5. The added income and influx of tourists increase retail trade.
6. Promotes tribal economic development.
7. The casinos donate to local charities.
8. A survey of casino patrons found that over 80 percent from the visitors to casinos were interested in also doing something aside from gambling. So the casino becomes an anchor for other tourism attractions including family water parks.
9. The casinos create new lines of cooperative economic development between American Indians and non-Indian people.
10. Casinos give a magnet for outside money that did not previously exist.
11. Local resident who accustomed to travel outside of the area now stays within the spot.
12. More construction jobs are created building casinos.
13. Gambling is definitely an accepted method for governments to increase funds. It is seen as a source of money that is certainly easier to obtain which is not a tax on individuals.
14. In several communities the subsequent businesses showed an boost in profits, attendance, and customers after a casino came to their area:
a. Retail stores
c. Local arts and crafts shows
d. Hunting and fishing activities
e. Horse trail rides
f. Festivals and events had higher attendance
g. Movie theaters
h. Historical sites were visited often
i. Scenic drives
j. Walking trails
k. Water parks
l. Biking trails
m. Roller skating
n. Fitness centers
Negative areas of a casino in Enid
1. Tourism dollars hinge on what well the casino pays out. Winners may spend freely, but losers may return purchases and cut their hotel stays short.
2. For some gambling becomes a dependancy.
3. Gambling kills time, and subtracts from time used on useful endeavors.
4. Locally-owned businesses go bankrupt because consumers have changed their expenditures to casinos.
5. Wealthy Indian gaming tribes pour vast amounts into political campaigns at both state and federal levels. (Source: Special Investigation by Donald L. Barlett and James B,. Steele, Time Magazine, December 2002.)
6. Wealthy Indian gaming tribes will also be influencing gambling and other policies affecting Native Americans by handing a lot to influential lobbying firms. (Source: Special Investigation by Donald L. Barlett and James B, Steele, Time Magazine, December 2002.)
7. In towns with casino's, there is surely website an increase inside following:
e. Domestic violence
f. Drug and alcohol addiction
What is Gambling Addiction?
Gambling addiction is known as an action addiction. When gambling, the endocrine system, adrenaline and endorphins, are self-produced. As the person gambles more frequently, it contributes to tolerance to the adrenaline and endorphins, so it takes more gambling and higher stakes, to have the equal high. Recent studies show that slot machine game gambling fires up the human brain exactly as cocaine does. (Source: Stop the Casino 101 Coalition)
If a casino were to petition arrive at downtown Enid, what might be your opinion? Do you think it could enhance our community or bring social problems natural meats not want to manage?